Friday, May 5, 2017

Joe Mixon and the "Violence Against Women"


I know this isn't going to be popular with the masses. I find that you will find yourself under the fire of harsh criticism when you have an opinion that's the opposite of popular belief. You could lose "friends," people will no longer want to associate with you, all because you have a difference of opinion, you don't see it the way everyone else see it, whether it be slightly or totally. Well, if that's the case, I'd rather stand alone on my beliefs, than tow the party line to appease people.  

I say that to say in the wake of the Joe Mixon incident, it reminded me of a saying that goes: "You shouldn't hit a woman under NO circumstances." Now, offensively, I agree. I don't condone attacking people simply because you're mad at the world, or because you have a flat tire or something. But for those of you who religiously believe in this "You shouldn't hit a woman under NO circumstances," rhetoric, I have a question: What would you do if you were in a situation where the woman was trying to take your life? You're in a situation where it's your life or hers. Do you stand there like an a**hole and let her kill you, or do you defend yourself?

On a side note, another thing I noticed in the video was that the woman he hit was white. Before I continue, I want to say that ESPN, although I wouldn't expect nothing more or less from them, are some real cunts for airing that video in front of millions of viewers. That was some b*tch made stuff. 

My question to that is I wonder if it would've been a white athlete that struck a black woman, would they have aired the video in front of millions of viewers? It's a rhetorical question, but personally, I say, no, they wouldn't have. Sure they probably would've brought it up verbally, but they wouldn't have aired it live during the draft. Heck, if that were a black woman Mixon hit, it would've been brought up, but they wouldn't have played the tape.

I'll give you an example. I'm a die-hard Denver Broncos fan, but for what I'm about to say, I'm tossing that hat to the side for a moment, because this goes beyond football. When the Broncos selected Garrett Bolles, his troubled past was mentioned by the commentators, but it was made into more of an overcoming obstacles, feel good story. When Joe Mixon was selected, those bastards made him look like the scum of the earth. However, I'm supposed to believe that there's no such thing as white privilege. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Back to the matter at hand, this is what makes the "under NO circumstances," statement some hypocritical bullsh*t. In the video, the woman initiated the physical conflict. She shouldn't have put her d*mn hands on him. So, let me get this straight: a woman can be aggressive with you at anytime, but you can't defend yourself? Are you freaking nuts?! 



This sh*t is hypocritical, and it makes no freaking sense! Again, I'm not talking about an offensive matter. I don't support abusing anybody, not just women. But you're telling me even if it's the other way around, I can't defend myself, "under NO circumstances?" Nah, I can't go for that.

It also tells me how people see what they want to see. If he would've raped or murdered her, I could understand the backlash and heavy scrutiny. However, he was in a situation where he hit not only a woman, but a white woman. That alone will get him castigated and despised; I'm surprised the dude is still living!

It seems to me that we're living in a matriarchal society nowadays.You can't tell them anything; I'm not talking about calling them b*tches or whores, it could be an honest, fair, and balanced assessment, and it will still get labeled as disrespect-- particularly when dealing with black women. They have laws passed in their favor. If it's a domestic situation where the woman is being aggressive, and the man reports the issue, instead of engaging her, his manhood gets demeaned.

If he strikes her, he's going to jail. I mean, it's a no-win situation, and there are women out there who are well aware of this and use it to their advantage. I guess this what the Gloria Steinems and Gloria Allreds of this world had in mind. I'm not just referring to them specifically, but to everyone who thinks like them.

Congratulations! You've assisted mightily in creating a matriarchal world where women are darn near synonymous with white supremacy, turning young boys into men who are a bunch of weak, effeminate, catty, whinny, momma's boy b*tches, and you don't have to look far to see them. They're in your everyday neighborhood-- they exist in every race, but this type is mostly black men-- they're playing in the NFL or the NBA, etc.

As for me, personally, my thing is self-defense; if I'm in a situation where someone is trying to harm me, I'm going to defend myself. I don't care what race or gender they are, or what gender they want to be. They're being the aggressors, and you can't defend yourself? No, I'm going against the grain. This is one against your will.





No comments:

Post a Comment