Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Repost: Ballin' For Attention: My Take on the Ayesha Curry Interview

Ayesha Curry. Photo by Edmondson/ USA Today Sports Images.

 Reposted from 5/9/19.

During a recent interview, Ayesha Curry expressed— I’m paraphrasing here— that she’s not getting enough attention from men these days. Well, she got what she wanted. Apparently, she’s been getting verbally lit up on social media and I know for a fact several brothers have made YouTube videos concerning this matter because every time I go to my YT page, I see a thumbnail for a video covering the story.

Mind you, she’s the wife of Stephen Curry, an NBA superstar with multiple NBA championships and is considered one of the best players in the league, so I have to admit, this puts a hole in the argument of men who says it’s all about MLS (Money, Looks and Status) when trying to get a woman. Granted, these things are a factor, but they're not the be-all, end-all when it comes to dating/relationships.

I just mentioned his NBA career so far, I wager that most women would view him as “attractive,” which I will touch on a little later, and he’s one of the most recognized players in the world, on and off the court. He seems to have everything some think the average woman looks for in a man; he apparently checks all those boxes, so what’s the problem? 

When I saw the thumbnails of her images from her interview, I noticed a slight change in her figure. She was kind of chubby and I haven’t seen that look from her, ever. It’s not something that some workout sessions couldn’t fix, however, while I personally still think she’s an attractive woman, at the same time, she’s not going to get any younger and I view this as her gradually “hitting the wall.”

Meanwhile, taking into consideration what I said about Steph earlier, the world he has been thrust into because of his career, make no mistake, this man probably gets engulfed with not just any type of woman, but choice women. Women who would be considered “dimes” to most men. He’s garnering more attention while she’s reaching a period in her life where guys will start looking away.

While I understand it's female nature to crave attention-- most will do anything to get it, and this situation seems to be no exception-- this brings me back to my take on marriage. The more I'm seeing the apparent "true nature" of most of these females nowadays, it's also starting to change my take on relationships, in general.

You have this man out here busting his ass night in and night out, not only fulfilling a life-long dream, but I'm sure supporting his family is a huge part of why he's doing what he's doing as well. Still, you have ungrateful broads like this crying about wanting attention-- from other men, no less. Not from Steph, from other men.

I look at stuff like this and I think: If this is the way most of these women think and operate, why the fuck would I want to get into a long-term relationship with them, nevertheless, marriage? You have people out here who try to brow-beat or pressure you into marriage. Why? For what reason? I've been on the fence about marriage for a long time, and stuff like this is making me leery about long-term relationships as well because if nothing else, I definitely wanted that in terms of dating/relationships.

Before I go further, let me make this perfectly clear: I'm NOT saying that I will have no dealings with women period, far from it. Of course I seek and desire female companionship in general, but looking at what's unfolding before me, I'm just calculating my steps and recalibrating in terms of how I want to go about dealing with them. Another thing: I hate to say this, but stuff like this at least somewhat justifies "players". This is right up their alley.

Why commit to a long-term relationship or marriage when you have stuff like this taking place? I mean, whether it was intentional or not, she put the man on blast, projecting this notion that he's less than a man or what he's doing is (obviously) not enough. Run that marriage thing by me again? I should get married for what reason, now?

As far as this "female's true nature" narrative goes, along with seeing some of this stuff for myself, I've been hearing guys talk more and more about how most of these women really operate. It reminds me of a saying: when people show you who they are, believe them.








No comments:

Post a Comment