Monday, May 9, 2022

Planet Jaylen: The Delusion of "Black" Men

 

Jaylen Brown. Photo courtesy of clutchpoints.com.

I saw a tweet from NBA player Jaylen Brown a few months ago, proclaiming that “Black” women are everything. I’m leaving a hyperlink to the tweet, so you can see that I’m not slandering the man, this came out of his own mouth, so to speak.

Before I begin, let me say this: while there have been quite a few of them I encountered who were straight-up bitches, there are some “Black” women who are cool people with me, and have been a better friend to me than some men, so for the slow folks out there, I am not talking about all “Black” women, although I think most of them fit this description in this post.

Here’s my take on Jaylen’s proclamation: as much I want to agree with him, I can’t because I live in the real world. So, maybe that is true on the planet he’s on. Now, he’s entitled to his opinion, and apparently he represents a certain sector of a delusional "Black" men who think this way, but the problem is, for the most part, the feeling isn’t mutual.

I learned years ago that a lot of “Black” women are out for themselves and don’t give a fuck about “Black” men. Most of them view “Black” men the same, even the ones who call themselves uplifting and defending them. It means nothing to them. What men like Jaylen doesn’t realize is when they trash “Black” men, they’re talking about him, too. Very few will make distinctions, and I wager that percentage is less than 5 percent. 

I think the only reason that tweet--that received over 800 retweets and nearly 34K likes--would make their panties wet a little, so to speak, or they will applaud or acknowledge him even a little bit is because he’s a star basketball player. If he were an average Afro-American male and tweeted that, they wouldn’t have cared less.

You have negroes like him saying that they’re everything, meanwhile, they’re using media platforms whether it be movies/TV or social media to disrespect and trash “Black” men every chance they get yet want to cry “misogyny” as soon as they’re criticized, but that’s a subject for another post.

I think that post would hold a lot more weight if the feeling were mutual, but to sing the praises of a demographic who for the most part don’t respect you--when I say “you,” I’m referring to “Black” men in this case-- and don't give a fuck about you is mind boggling to me, to say the least. I respect those who respect me. I don’t fool with you when the respect isn’t being reciprocated.

However, there will always be these delusional Afro-American men who will pander and cater to the narcissism of these women who say fucked-up, disrespectful, emasculating, misandrous shit about “Black” men, yet expect these same men to speak well of them. Talk about having a hell of a nerve. But to hear men like Jaylen tell it, they’re everything. Maybe on that planet where he’s from. Of course, you have exceptions, but overall, I don’t feel that way about a demographic of women whom the majority of them don’t feel that way about my demographic.


No comments:

Post a Comment